Monday, April 12, 2010

on returning to work

So the countdown begins.  I have three weeks today before I have to go back to work.  I am feeling anxious and unsure about the whole thing.  I really LOVE my job.  I teach 2nd grade.  BUT I REALLY LOVE Miss A ( a whole lot more than my job, obviously).  But it has been made clear that I am to go back.  I am not sure what to expect.  I have done a few things over the last couple of days to start to prepare.

  • I have planned every outfit for the 5 weeks that I am back to work before a short Summer Break because I will be getting up super early to get to work by 6am so that I can get home by 3pm.  Sounds a bit silly, I know, but my whole morning can go South if I do not know what I am wearing ahead of time. 
  •  I have also made a menu for those 5 weeks so I do not have to think about what is for dinner.  This also helps me make the grocery list for the week so that I do not put off going on the weekend.
  • I have made the babysitter a list of important phone numbers in case of emergency.
Does anyone have any other suggestions on preparing myself and my home to go back to work?  I would love some advice!

1 comment:

  1. You are so organized! You MUST be an amazing teacher, and I'll bet your kids will be so glad to have you back! Avery is in excellent hands...I'm proud of you Momma, I know it can't be easy!

    ReplyDelete