Tuesday, May 4, 2010

i am alive

Wow!  That was a long time without blogging.  Sorry about that.  I got so overwhelmed with the idea of going back to work that I sort of stopped doing anything besides hanging out with Miss A.  And then I was consumed with getting prepared to go back to work (planning and prepping lessons) that I didn't seem to have much time to both "work" and hang out with Avery.  And now that I have started work...WOW!  There is so little time to do anything but the everyday routine of getting ready for work, pumping, working,  pumping, spending what little time I have with Avery playing and feeding her, cooking dinner, cleaning up after dinner, pumping some more and then crashing into bed only to get up in the middle of the night for another feed!

I am not sure how I feel about going back to work exactly.  While I am there it feels good, but with this odd sense that I am missing something.  I also feel a bit odd going to work to be with other people's children and hiring someone to be with mine.  Logically (which means financially) I get why I am doing it. But emotionally, it feels strange.  It will definitely take some getting used to, an adjustment period.

I am taking Fridays off so I am looking forward to Friday!  Maybe then, during one of Miss A's naps (because I am not missing a waking minute with her on the computer) I will actually put together a post that makes some sense.  Just thought I should start somewhere before I let the whole thing go!

And here is a fun picture of the little one enjoying her first taste of a popsicle!

No comments:

Post a Comment